Sunday, May 13, 2007

free fluid and surgery tomorrow

yesturday i went to urgent care because I had been up all night in pain in my abdomen. The urgent care took an xray and then sent me over to the ER. The urgent care diagnosed the problem totally wrong but I won't go into it... Anyway, after an abdominal ultrasound and cat scan...and about 10 hours latter the ER determined it was free fluid in my abdomen. Since that can be a sign of cancer (which I doubt it is) they admitted me for treatment and to figure out why it was there. This morning they drained the fluid and I was able to go home. The reason the fluid was there remains a mistery. They are suppose to get the fluids pathology results back in a few days. In the meantime they said it would be ok to go ahead with my neck surgery tomorrow. They are having me follow up with my primary care physician...which let's be real it's not going to get figured out without an exploratory and forget that!

I have a few hours left to enjoy tonight before the hell of tomorrow. It's really going to suck waking up after surgery tomorrow but it won't be as bad as last time. I met a nurse at the hospital last night that had the same exact decompression surgery as I did and she also had neck surgery...she just did it in reverse order than I am doing it. She said she is better now. That's great to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home