Saturday, March 05, 2005

sweeeet! Royal Society of Chemistry TrueType font

I am so happy now that I have a chemistry true type font for my microsoft word. Royal Society of Chemistry TrueType font (that's the real name- I know you think I added "Royal" but I didn't):
http://www.chemsoc.org/networks/learnnet/RSCfont.htm

having this font is key so you can have subscripts and charges on your ions(everyone likes charges on their ions!), etc...So anyway, I began making the index card from hell today. In my royal chemistry class at the Royal University of North Carolinas at Santos Greensboros, we are allowed one 5 x 7 index card with whatever we want to put on it. I decided the human hand cannot write small enough so now I am using word to type out my card (plus it takes to long to rewrite it everytime I upgrade it :)). So far 5 pt seems to be nice size. I hope to cram all the main ideas of the book on this card, so I may have to go to a smaller font at some point. So far I have only used up 3/4 of one side(through chap 4.) and I have my nomenclature chart (oh, I improved on the "nomenclature chart" and expanded it. I have to figure out how to publish it in html) , solubility rules, strong/weak acids and bases, random formulas, random periodic table info, valences, conversion factors. If you would like to buy a copy of the card I can sell you one for $500. Just kidding. If you want my chart I can throw it out on some web page if someone needs it or I can email it to you. LMK.Well, as you can see, another exciting day in mighty Greensboros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home