Monday, April 02, 2007

Bobby the STONE MASTER and other happy things

our upstairs gas fireplace is now officallly stoned. the best part of all is it was all totally legal. bobby wilmoth, my new best friend, is the one who actually did the work of stoning and who I think is the STONE MASTER of GREENSBORO did the work. Next on his agenda is to stone the hole he made in our house....you see we had him cut a hole in the house to make the kitchen- family room bigger and add a wood burning stove....SO the hole is cut and he already laid the block...so tomorrow he starts stoning that.

The fireplace looks so good I have fallen in love with it. So now I have four loves, my husband, my cat, my fireplace, AND MY BRAND SPANKING new GAS POWERED leaf blower that I just bought at 8 PM this evening(it was love at first sight).

So my gas powered leaf blower is the kind that you wear like a backpack. It blows 165 mile per hour wind. It's faster than a hurricane. I am going to blow my whole yard ( and maybe a car or two) over to my neighbors house(JK). So mad that my husband forgot the GAS so I have to send him out early for that tomorrow...heehee.

Another reason to be happy is Dean and I decided to make a stone path that goes from our back patio to the middle of the backyard in between fire trees...which I am calling the CIRCLE OF FIRE...because we are putting our firepit there. So I racked the path and aread...and Dean dug the hole for the Firepit....and it already is looking awesome..... Bobby, the stone MASTER of GB is dumping me off a truck load of sand for twenty bucks in the AM...he is the nicest guy in the whole world. We bought the weed blocker material today...we are going to put down two layers of it and then put the sand on top....and then Bobby is going to drop me off litterally a whole TON of rock....and then Dean and I are going to STONE it. we are doing such a good job I can't believe it. Although Dean makes me do all the hard work!

....Dean had a birthday last week....he is twenty-four!! He is getting kinda old!!!....but since he is the best husband ever I'll keep him.

Ok, I gotta get to bed as I can't wait for tomorrow when I get to play with sand and send leaves into my neighbors yard at 165 miles an hour.

one last thing. I am planning on going to HERRANG, SWEDEN to dance for two weeks at Herrang Dance camp...right after Greensboro's summer swimming season! Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, April 19, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Jean,

I misplaced my daytimer a couple times recently so I decided to input everyone into my computer as a backup. I came across your name and wondered what happened to you. I did a google search and found your blog.

I haven't read much of your blog, but apparently you are married and live in Greensboro NC. The DC swing scene misses you! Last weekend was DCLX and I had a great time. I see you are planning on going to Sweden this summer. I haven't been there, but I'm sure it will be great fun.

Do you have any plans to come to DC? If so, let me know. I'd love to catch up with you.

Take care,

Jim Musgrave
jmusgrave@comcast.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home