Monday, March 12, 2007

breathing a lot

As long as a person breathes that person should not lose hope.

-JERUSALEM TALMUD 9:1

Good news to report on the new kitchen. Over the weekend we bought a very cool china cabinet that is circa 1930(well I knew it was cool from the get go but dean yelled at me the whole way home cuz he thought it was a piece of shit cuz it was all scratche up and bottom corner rotten wood). Then that night I was able to make it look perfect except for the bottom corner(dean decided he loved me again)... next, I am going to remove the rotten part and add legs to make it a higher cabinet. It shall be awesome when I am done. The people we bough the china cabinet from then showed us a wood burning stove they were selling...and it was another great deal so we bought that too. It has a blower and can fit 24" pieces of wood so it's good size, looks pretty new too, even has a kettle and pot for the top...and you can see the flames from the front(my old one was so old you actually had to put wood in from a small hole in the top and you could not see flames.) only problem is it is also very heavy like the aga...so i had to hire someone to pick it up sat. Anway, I have decided to put it in the middle of the new kitchen! and to have stone layed underneath and to go and behind it up the wall...and to have a wood box put in the side of the house for easy wood getting from outside. I got in contact with a guy who is apparently "THE STONE MASTER of GREENSBORO"!! so he is coming over tomorrow to show me his portfolio...I want a blackish stone with gray in it so if we have ash on the floor it will blend in.
So also today I bought an all stainless steal sink with three bowls and two drip boards....aparently non destructable! we are going to use it in a workshop area.
and also very exciting TO ME ...last week I bought a super cool two bay SOAPSTONE sink...it is the most awesome sink ever! It will be here friday. sometimes my design brillance scares me. xx.

BEST OF ALL, dean and I decided on our wood floors for the house. we are going to use a 2 1/4" width mahogany floor....totallly KEY and totally exquisite. oops, scared myself again.

so am I clear to you? ...our house is getting very cool.

and to top that all off, construction begins on a fifth bedroom on Monday.

Of course we won't have any money left for furniture so if you wanna come and visit don't forget your sleeping bag. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home