Sunday, January 30, 2005

Greasing 101: lesson #1

anybody had any success with greasing the the desk clerk? here is today's lesson from Mr DC.
If your hotel room’s too rocked, if you want a suite for the price of a single…just tip MR desk clerk. the desk clerk says: “I have total control to upgrade you from a standard room that costs around $175 to a luxury suite that costs $400. When you check in, slip a $50 bill under your credit card, lean over the desk a little, and quietly say, ‘It’s an important night for me, and I’d really appreciate it if you could get me a great room if you have one.’ Be discreet so the other guests don’t hear, and say it immediately, before I start all the paperwork. If you give me anything under $50, I’ll just tell you how much our hotel charges for an upgrade. Come as close to check-in time as possible: The later it gets, the busier we get. When you’re slipping me my tip, you can also say, ‘The rate was really high when I called. Do you have anything lower?’ I can knock off more than 100 bucks.”

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, February 01, 2005, Blogger Jean said...

glad we found someone who works in a hotel! so would fifty worked?
the scenario is they are not bitching...they just suggested that it would be great if you had a better room cuz it was a special night...and in grease fashion flashed you the fifty. ??

or does that make you too worried you will lose your job?

and does this just not work with you or not work with everyone?

we are just trying to learnnnnnn where grease works!

 
At 12:39 PM, February 03, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

hey, whatever happened to dickering over price? I know there are a lot of a-holes out there trying to get something for nothing. but it is the service industry after all - and without customers, how would Paris Hilton ever get by?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home