Saturday, April 23, 2005

the new Food Pyramid

Can you believe I actually watched the new video http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx
about the new food pyramid? They seem like they stepped a little out of the box but still---is anyone actually going to follow this? Wow, and the money that goes into these things..the Web Development alone must have been $$! I think the veggie area needs some more data but at least they get something (not a vegatarian): http://www.mypyramid.gov/tips_resources/vegetarian_diets.html
I don't know one person who uses a food pyramid to plan there meals except for this one crazy nutritionist I met while in the hospital a long time ago! she noticed I had been ordering chocolate milk, chocolate icecream, hot chocolate, popsicles & chocolate pudding for my meals (you know how you fill out the little request forms) and came to visit me - YES she broke out the pyramid and gave me a Food Pyramid lecture...then said she would be ordering my meals for the remaider of my stay :( . Luckily, I was able to get McDonalds and candy delivered from friends. When the nurse found the chocolate kisses under my pillow I said "huh, the tooth fairy must of been by last night"... but a tip if you are in the hospital...keep a box of good chocolates and filled candy dishes available in your room to offer your nurses, doctors & staff as the staff are much happy to come help you when they know there are rewards(candy grease). Also, find out which soap operas your nurses like :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home